‘Barcelona & Catalonia’ will lead you straight to the best attractions the area has to offer. The guide includes unique cutaways, floorplans and reconstructions of the city’s stunning architecture, plus 3D aerial views of the key districts to explore on foot. You’ll find detailed listings of the best hotels, restaurants, bars and shops for all budgets.
The ideal travel companion, full of insider advice on what to see and do, plus detailed itineraries and comprehensive maps for exploring Barcelona and Catalonia.
Wander around Barcelona’s medieval centre, marvel at the unique architecture of Antoni GaudÃ¬ or spend the day exploring Catalonia’s excellent museums and galleries: everything you need to know is clearly laid out within colour-coded chapters. Discover the best of Barcelona and Catalonia with this indispensable travel guide.
Inside DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Barcelona and Catalonia:
– Over 20 colour maps, plus a large-scale pull-out map of Barcelona and a transport map, help you navigate with ease
– Simple layout makes it easy to find the information you need
– Comprehensive tours and itineraries of Barcelona and Catalonia, designed for every interest and budget
– Illustrations and floorplans show in detail Barcelona cathedral, Sagrada FamÃ¬lia, Park GÃ¼el, Monestir de Montserrat and more
– Colour photographs of Barcelona’s iconic architecture, medieval neighbourhoods, and parks and gardens, plus Catalonia’s picturesque landscape – snow-capped mountains and rolling countryside meets rugged coastal towns and long, sandy beaches
– Detailed chapters, with area maps, cover Barcelona – Old Town, Eixample, MontjuÃ¯c and beyond – and Lleida, Andorra, Girona, Barcelona Province and Tarragona
– Historical and cultural context gives you a richer travel experience: learn about the art and architecture of the region – from buildings in the Romanesque style to GaudÃ¬ and Modernisme – traditional food and drink, the history of the region, and festivals and events
– Essential travel tips: our expert choices of where to stay, eat, shop and sightsee, plus useful phrases and transport, visa and health information
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Barcelona and Catalonia is a detailed, easy-to-use guide designed to help you get the most from your visit to Barcelona and Catalonia.
DK Eyewitness: winner of the Top Guidebook Series in the Wanderlust Reader Travel Awards 2017.
“No other guide whets your appetite quite like this one” – The Independent
Planning a weekend break? Try our DK Eyewitness Top 10 Barcelona guide.
About DK Eyewitness Travel: DK’s highly visual Eyewitness guides show you what others only tell you, with easy-to-read maps, tips, and tours to inform and enrich your holiday. DK is the world’s leading illustrated reference publisher, producing beautifully designed books for adults and children in over 120 countries.