Whether you intend to explore the glorious countryside or sample the sumptuous cuisine of this beautiful island, this text should prove a handy travel guide to Sicily. It contains information on Sicily’s best sights, restaurants and hotels and also gives tips on what to avoid.
The ideal travel companion, full of insider advice on what to see and do, plus detailed itineraries and comprehensive maps for exploring Sicily.
Explore the flamboyant Baroque centres of the towns of Val di Noto, tour the Greek temples of Agrigento, snorkel off the Aeolian Islands or ascend the mighty Mount Etna: everything you need to know is clearly laid out within colour-coded chapters. Discover the best of Sicily with this indispensable travel guide.
Inside DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Sicily:
– Over 25 colour maps help you navigate with ease
– Simple layout makes it easy to find the information you need
– Comprehensive tours and itineraries of Sicily, designed for every interest and budget
– Illustrations show in detail the Cappella Palatina and cathedral in Palermo, while area plans of Segesta, Selinunte, the Valle dei Templi and Syracuse’s Greek theatre show the extent of ancient ruins on the island
– Colour photographs of Sicily’s Baroque architecture, ancient sites, hilltop towns, scenic coastline, volcanic areas and more
– Detailed chapters, with area maps, cover Palermo and north, south, east and west Sicily – including CefalÃ¹, Erice, the Egadi Islands, Agrigento, Syracuse, Noto, Ragusa, Caltagirone, Catania, Mount Etna, Taormina, Messina and the Aeolian Islands
– Historical and cultural context gives you a richer travel experience: learn about the island’s ancient history, landscape and wildlife, varied architecture, literature and art, cinema and theatre, festivals and events, and more
– Essential travel tips: our expert choices of where to stay, eat, shop and sightsee, plus how to get around, useful phrases, and visa and health information
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Sicily is a detailed, easy-to-use guide designed to help you get the most from your visit to Sicily.
DK Eyewitness: winner of the Top Guidebook Series in the Wanderlust Reader Travel Awards 2017.
“No other guide whets your appetite quite like this one” – The Independent
Planning a shorter break? Try our DK Eyewitness Top 10 Sicily guide.
About DK Eyewitness Travel: DK’s highly visual Eyewitness guides show you what others only tell you, with easy-to-read maps, tips, and tours to inform and enrich your holiday. DK is the world’s leading illustrated reference publisher, producing beautifully designed books for adults and children in over 120 countries.